Monkeypox -What Is It?
Monkeypox is a disease caused by the Monkeypox virus (MPXV).
Monkeypox Outbreak 2022
MPXV was first detected in 1958 in the colonies of monkeys in West and Central Africa.
Till late July 2022, the CDC agency (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) confirmed 16,800 cases of Monkeypox virus worldwide.
The first case of Monkeypox virus in India was reported in Kerala on 14 July 2022 and the figure is continuously increasing.
How Does Monkeypox Spread?
- Can spread through close contact.
- Can also spread through bites, scratches, or bodily fluids.
Signs & Symptoms Associated With Monkeypox
How MPX Diagnosed?
- It is through a tissue sample taken from a lesion.
- A blood sample confirms Monkeypox disease.
- Doctor monitors and treats symptomatically.
- No approved antiviral drug is available to cure this virus.
Carry Home Message-:
Monkeypox is rare, and there is no specific treatment for this disease. But, your healthcare provider can help you feel comfortable and prevent serious complications. So, don’t panic and call your doctor immediately after noticing the above-mentioned signs of the Monkeypox virus.
To Get Started on Your Journey Today
Give Us a Call