Hand Foot Mouth Disease
What Is It?
Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease is a type of viral infection that causes ulcers in the mouth and blisters on the feet, hands and buttocks.
It is caused by coxsackievirus A16.
How Does HFMD Spread?
Hand Foot & Mouth Disease Symptoms:
Who Is At The Risk Of HFMD?
- Young children under 5 and
- Adults with low immunity
How Is HFMD Diagnosed?
- Physical exam for the appearance of blisters and rashes.
- A stool test confirms HFMD.
How Is HFMD Treated?
Prevention Measures For HFMD:
Carry Home Message-:
To Get Started on Your Journey Today
Monkeypox -What Is It?
Monkeypox Outbreak 2022
MPXV was first detected in 1958 in the colonies of monkeys in West and Central Africa.
Till late July 2022, the CDC agency (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) confirmed 16,800 cases of Monkeypox virus worldwide.
The first case of Monkeypox virus in India was reported in Kerala on 14 July 2022 and the figure is continuously increasing.
How Does Monkeypox Spread?
- Can spread through close contact.
- Can also spread through bites, scratches, or bodily fluids.
Signs & Symptoms Associated With Monkeypox
How MPX Diagnosed?
- It is through a tissue sample taken from a lesion.
- A blood sample confirms Monkeypox disease.
- Doctor monitors and treats symptomatically.
- No approved antiviral drug is available to cure this virus.